A message from Anna. We are sending love to all our customers at this time.
“As we all adjust to a new way of life, I hope that you, your family and friends are safe and well.
As many of you are aware, ALSO Home has already been in a period of transition for the past 6 months. In October last year, I made the incredibly difficult decision to wind down the business and brand. After 12 years of building it up and so many positives, this was extremely tough with so many hopes and dreams lost.
The process after this initial decision involved redundancy of many loved team members, giving notice on our warehouse and offices and having to tell our trade customers we would no longer be able to supply them.
Prior to this decision, we had experienced an extremely tough 18 months when we were directly impacted by House of Fraser going into administration and Debenhams struggling financially which left us unable to supply them due to their high risk as a customer. Through losing these two customers, we lost a huge amount of turnover which meant the way our business was set up was no longer financially viable.
In December last year we were contacted by Morgan Wright Ltd who expressed an interest in becoming our UK distributor for the ALSO Home brand. This sudden ray of hope was unexpected and meant that if we could come to an arrangement, the brand could live on.
Almost 4 months later and we are getting there with our new set-up.
As I look back on the last 6 months, I am now so thankful that I listened to my instinct to wind down the business when I did. I had been thinking about the need to do this for a year before I actually made the decision. I had wrestled with it and struggled with it and couldn’t bear the thought of closing my greatly loved business and brand.
If I hadn’t made that decision back in October, the conversation with Morgan Wright would never have happened and now with Coronovirus, we would have been in a much worse position today than we are. I would have been closing the door fully on my business and going into administration. I am thankful now for the past 6 months which have got us here.
For all of us the next few weeks and months look very different and quite uncertain. I hope we can ride this storm out together and come out the other side.
Below is a summary of our current set-up and how we are all working during this global crisis.
- As a team we are now all working from home. Should you need to contact us about an order or have another enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- All our available stock has been moved to Morgan Wright’s warehouse and they will manage all our stock from now on.
- We are in the process of placing orders with our suppliers for further stock.
- If you are a Trade customer, please bear with us if you have placed an order for new products and items that are out of stock. We are working hard with our suppliers to bring stock in as planned, but with the current worldwide situation, there might be delays on when these arrive.
- We are still taking online orders. For all web orders, these will now be despatched by Morgan Wright from their Nottingham based warehouse. All online orders will be received by us at ALSO Home and forwarded to Morgan Wright to despatch. Delivery may take longer than normal at the moment, so please bear with us.
- If you are a Trade customer wanting to open an account or have a query about an order, please email Alison Collison email@example.com
With love and thanks for your support,