Is there anything better than a delicious chocolate bundt cake?
You may have noticed while on shoot we had the lovely Giovanna Ryan (Masterchef Finalist) cook for us. One of the delicious things she created was this chocolate bundt cake and we wanted to share the recipe with you. Simple to make, and incredible to eat – what could go wrong? We styled the bundt cake on our Kuro Serving Plate and white linen table cloth with our kuro candle holders and Otaru wooden star.
- 1¼ cups + 1 Tbsp Brewed Coffee
- ¾ cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 2¼ cups Sugar
- 1¼ tsp Salt
- 2½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1¼ cups + 1 Tbsp Buttermilk
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2½ cups + 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 10-inch bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle the inside with flour.
- Make the Cake: Combine brewed coffee and cocoa powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Remove from the heat and let cool back down to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- When the the coffee mixture is nearly cool, combine sugar, salt, baking soda, eggs and egg yolk in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on low until evenly combined, 1 minute.
- Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and mix on low for 1 minute. Add flour and mix on medium for 2 minutes. Add cooled coffee mixture and mix on medium for 3 minutes.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, 60 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely before flipping it out onto a cake stand. At this point you can keep the cake at room temperature or refrigerate it for 1 day.
We would love to hear what you will be serving up come Christmas day! Are you a traditionalist, or making something new this year?